Cannabis & Honey: Better together
Beekeeping derivatives have great healing potential and are packed with nutritional properties. Like cannabis, honey has been used as a natural remedy by humans for over 8,000 years, a testament to the benefits it offers us. They are two substances that, together, offer us antiviral, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and highly nutritious properties.
We are the first company in Europe to mix beekeeping and cannabis. Beekeeping derivatives, together with CBD, achieve a natural synergy enhancing each other's benefits and the activity of the Endocannabinoid System, which plays a fundamental role in balancing our immune system.
Today we’re going to learn about the properties and benefits of honey and Cannabis.
Both the famous THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (Cannabidiol) are cannabinoids, natural compounds that are present in the Cannabis Sativa L. plant.
Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid (phyto = derived from plants). It’s anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, antibacterial and anxiolytic effects have brought to light its promising benefits for medicinal and therapeutic use.
Honey, beeswax, propolis and even venom ... Each of these substances has a function for the hive and have various benefits for humans. These beekeeping derivatives come from the natural activity of bees and many of them have been collected and used by humans as medicinal therapies for more than 8,000 years.
These substances, by-products of one of the most important living things in the world, bees, have antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These properties make honey a fundamental superfood when it comes to strengthening our immune system.
Honey and CBD, a powerful union
The synergy between beekeeping derivatives and cannabis derivatives offer us a powerful synergy packed with properties. We create our products with honey, beeswax and propolis (coming soon!) but today we will focus on the benefits of honey.
- Anti-inflammatory: Both honey and cannabis have anti-inflammatory properties that alleviate the symptoms of topical afflictions such as atopic dermatitis (eczema), acne and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, lupus, uveitis ...Together they offer a natural and effective anti-inflammatory remedy that will reduce and alleviate symptoms like itching, pain, fever, diarrhea, etc ...
- Antioxidant: Honey, like cannabis, prevents the formation of oxides and slows cell decomposition. CBD also contains antioxidant properties that help us directly combat skin aging.
So together they significantly benefit the immune system and can prevent and reduce aging. They can also reduce the chances of developing heart disease.
- Antibacterial and antiseptic: One of the most important properties of honey is antiseptic, it is essential for the survival of the hive. CBD has a bactericidal capacity that, according to studies, exceeds that of commonly used antibiotics. These properties make honey an ideal natural exfoliant to treat acne and CBD, a perfect complement to cleanse and hydrate our skin.
Together they are a powerful supplement that can strengthen our response to infections and bacteria.
- High in essential amino acids & Fatty acids: Our body produces half of the amino acids that we need, the rest are found in legumes, meat, vegetables ... Honey is the only food that contains all the essential amino acids (magical right?) as well as essential fatty acids like omega 3. Cannabis is also rich in aminoacids and fatty acids which is how the plant is so durable (and sustainable). CBD oil offers us an easy way to implement these needed substances in our routine, both of them are fundamental for muscle growth and recovery.
TABLE. Minerals and vitamins present in the union
- Vitamin A, C and E
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6
These are some of the reasons why we combine the properties of the Cannabis plant and beekeeping derivatives (but they are not the only ones!). Our project was born with the aim of revolutionizing skin care, breaking cannabis myths and protecting biodiversity.
Learn about our story and our social commitment.
Leave a Reply